AG Pick Under $15: 2005 Secreto Sauvignon Blanc

The label on Secreto Sauvignon Blanc will catch your eye but it’s the taste that will have you pouring a second glass.

Secreto Sauvignon BlancThe 2005 Secreto Sauvignon Blanc from Viu Manent is made with grapes from the Colchagua Valley in Chile.  It’s 85% Sauvignon Blanc.  The other 15% is a secret — you’ll have to ask the winemaker if you want to know what it is (but don’t expect an answer).

If you usually shy away from Sauvignon Blanc, this is the wine that will show you what delicious flavors the grape can offer.  On the nose are aromas of tropical and citrus fruit.  The taste is a bright mix of lemon, grapefruit, pineapple and honeydew melon with gentle mineral notes and a hint of white pepper.  Zesty acidity lingers in your mouth and gives the wine a nice structure.

Pair the Secreto Sauvignon Blanc with seafood, pasta, salad or fruit.  It also is a perfect wine for an outdoor picnic.

The 2005 Secreto Sauvignon Blanc costs around $12.